Welcome to the Website
of Willow Primary School
(the part of Marish Academy Trust)
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to Marish Academy Trust. Our ever-evolving learning community is made up of over 1300 children in our two primary schools, Willow and Marish. In December 2017, we are delighted to announce that Marish is top of the recently released league tables, for overall primary school performance at KS2 in Slough.
This is an exceptional achievement and with it has come some exciting developments including: an invitation to contribute to the 2018 Parliamentary Review of Primary Education and a request from the DFE to apply to become a National Support School.
None of this would be possible, without the contribution made by all stakeholders to Marish Academy Trust. Over the last three years, children and staff, parents and governors have worked tirelessly together to shape an ethos that enables everyone to exceed expectations and become the best they can be.
Today, Marish and Willow are more than schools; rather they have become havens, where children and whole families are supported and nurtured. In partnership with parents and carers, we work together with other agencies raise aspirations for our children. The impact of this strategy has been astounding:
- pupils’ attendance in both schools rose steadily from 2014 and exceeded 96% in the academic year of 2016-17;
- persistent-absentee numbers have dropped every half term;
- there have been no permanent exclusions over the last eight years and, in 2017 fixed term exclusions are at an all-time low;
- pupils are well behaved, exemplify British values and make a positive contribution to the community;
- pupils are well prepared for their secondary education;
- disadvantaged pupils attain as well as their non-disadvantaged peers;
- Marish and Willow’s results in 2017 were at or above national averages in all respects;
- key stage 2 results at Marish were in the top 10% of all schools nationally;
- our resource-base provision for pupils with complex SEND is heavily oversubscribed;
- Marish and Willow are both full and all year groups have a waiting list.
Marish Academy Trust’s commitment to improve even further is enshrined in our revised Trust wide logo and motto ‘Strive for the heights’ shown above.
To achieve this, we will continue to: seek and act upon feedback; develop positive partnerships with all stakeholders; work hard and do whatever it takes to make a difference. These aspirations apply to all members of the Marish/Willow Community and are summed up in our three diamond rules, our trust strapline and in fact, British values. Ask your child to explain what these mean in practice:
Three Diamond Rules:
Show respect and good manners at all times: Care for everyone and everything and Follow instructions straightaway, with thought and care!
Our Trust Strap Line:
Work to be outstanding,
Deserve to be outstanding,
Will be outstanding!
Tolerance and inclusion, mutual respect for personal freedom, equality of opportunity and a celebration of the diversity of our community which enriches us all.
These values and our children’s understanding of them are key to creating strong, resilient young people and communities which are the hope of a brighter future.
Thank you for all your support in 2017- we could not have done it without you.
Happy New Year 2018 to all at Willow and Marish!
Mrs H G Denham