Early Years Alliance – Silicone Baby Bowls

There have been a number of reports on social media and in the press about a recent incident involving silicone feeding bowls: a baby feeding themself placed a silicone bowl, like the one pictured here, over their face, and the bowl formed an airtight seal across their mouth and nose.
When a vacuum is formed in this way, it can be difficult for the parent/carer to remove the bowl which in turn causes them both to panic. Whilst no fatalities have been reported, incidents such as this are potentially dangerous and extremely frightening for the parent and baby.
Read more about the hidden danger of silicone baby bowls in our recent blog:
Silicone baby bowls – the hidden danger | early years alliance (eyalliance.org.uk)